View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0028061||AI War 2||Graphical Bug||Nov 9, 2023 7:17 am||Nov 11, 2023 4:25 pm|
|Reporter||Radiant Phoenix_1||Assigned To||Dismiss|
|Product Version||5.571 Hotfix|
|Summary||0028061: Game Entity: Partial Record and Reload Select XML (F8)|
|Description||Reload Select XML (F8) does not appear to load partial records added to a game entity |
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create or choose a ship definition in XML (A)
2. Create one partial record of the ship (A), altering the size, scale, or rotation of the ship, (A')
3. Spawn the ship in game (A'), and watch it (State 1)
4. While watching the ship, without altering the XML, press F8 to reload select XML, and observe what changes (State 2)
* A' remains unchanged
* A' changes size, scale, and/or rotation to that of A
I wanted to make ships that would use DLC graphics/features if you had them, but still exist in a usable manner without that DLC
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Reload Select XML only works with some xml types, and only some of their attributes. Whether or not they are in a partial, should not make any difference.
The specific attribute you are trying to change live is the issue, i am willing to bet.
I tried changing visuals_scale_multiplier="80.5" and found that it does show changes live using Reload Select XML. It also did not make a difference whether that was a change in a partial or not.