View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0027184||AI War 2||Gameplay Issue||Apr 26, 2022 8:05 pm||Jun 21, 2022 12:32 am|
|Product Version||5.004 Misc Polish|
|Summary||0027184: Necromancer flagships do odd things in pursuit mode|
|Description||The necro flagships do strange things when set to pursuit mode. Examples:|
1) When they're crippled, they move as if they can attack, causing them to rush towards enemies and out of healing range
2) When there's no enemies and a necropolis on the planet needs to be rebuilt, they should move towards the necropolis and rebuild it, but they don't
3) When given tractor beams, they grab enemies and then quickly move them away from the rest of the fleet, often towards other enemies. This means the rest of the fleet can't damage those enemies, and the flagsship's more vulnerable because they just zoomed away from the rest of the fleet. I think it would be better if the flagship just held the enemies near other allies, to help blow them to bits.
i'll add any other odd behaviour I see.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
1) AFAIK this is how Arks, Golems, etc. work as well.
2) That's because they are a combat ship. Combat ships and repair units have different logic.
3) happens at least partly because some of the weapons they can have are the same range as the tractor beams. Thus they are moving towards the enemy they are trying to attack and pushing them, much like how tackle drones work.
What I would personally advise is turning off Roam If Instructed in these circumstances. Then the flagship will only go where specifically ordered to.
||3 is even more pronounced on a Widowmaker Golem since its weapons are much shorter range than its tractors and it has to push the tractored units against the edge of the gravity well to get them into range.|
1) There is no reason for a crippled ship to act that way in pursuit mode. Sounds like an easy fix, for all of those cases.
2) Isn't there a tunable assist range? Either the flagship needs to be willing to move, or its repair distance needs to be near-infinite.
3) Pursuit logic again. Don't pursue a target if that target is tractored by you? Besides that any unit in my tractor beams should be a valid target for any of my weapon systems. Currently the unit tractored gets to attack me at any distance for free while the unit doing the tractoring might be penalizing itself?