View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0023183||AI War 2||[All Projects] Bug - Gameplay||May 14, 2020 9:45 pm||May 19, 2020 4:07 pm|
|Product Version||Beta 2.042 Journals, Cheats, And EXP Retirement|
|Fixed in Version||Beta 2.044 Scientific Equality|
|Summary||0023183: Strikercraft/Frigates inherit Golem Mk. levels|
|Description||Load a golem up with strikecraft/frigates. They will upgrade by the same Mark count as the golem.|
Say you have Mk.III daggers and load them in a Mk.V golem. Now you have Mk.VII daggers.
Swapping ships off the golem removes the Mk. additions.
Attached save: Go check the Artillery golem that's causing havoc.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
May 14, 2020 9:45 pm
golem insane.savemet (87 bytes)
golem insane.save (613,712 bytes)
A related issue from steam:
just tried the beta, apparently there's no way to upgrade transports, combat factories, or spire frigates at all. Seems like a bit of an oversight but hey, it's a beta. (credit user Poppy)
Technically this is the expected behavior, as these are fleet upgrades. It's the same thing with command station upgrades.
This is basically something that we used to have happen with the fleet EXP stuff, but then we had limiters on it. I agree that in the current case it doesn't make sense and needs to be adjusted.
* Added a new is_upgradeable_by_direct_science xml tag, which lets certain centerpieces allow for upgrades like golems or arks do.
** This is assigned to combat factories and transports.
* Also added is_spire_lone_wolf, which does the same thing, but uses its own cost schedule that is separate from those of arks, golems, and "other."
** This is applied to the lone spire frigates.
* Added a new this_centerpiece_grants_its_direct_science_upgrades_to_rest_of_fleet, which now must be true in order for anything beyond the centerpiece in a fleet to get upgrades from the centerpiece's science upgrades.
** This was basically true for all the command stations, previously, which were all that used direct science upgrades. And it needs to be used for fallen spire cities, which use science upgrade data under the hood (though not in the interface). But for things like golem fleets, they REALLY need to not apply to their ships.
* Added a new this_unit_gets_direct_science_upgrades_from_central_fleet, which now must ALSO be true on specific ship lines in order for the this_centerpiece_grants_its_direct_science_upgrades_to_rest_of_fleet to pass to themm.
** This simply defaults to true. In cases where for some reason we want to turn it off, this exists. This is probably overkill and can be ignored, but is useful to have just in case.
* Various parts of the interface have been improved to further explain the mechanics as needed, and clarify if something upgrades just the golem/ark itself, or if it upgrades the rest of the fleet along with it.
* TLDR of most of the above:
** Combat Factories and Transports can now be upgraded by spending direct science. But it is configured to not benefit their fleets.
** Unlike the last two beta versions, upgrading a golem or ark now won't upgrade its fleet as well. That was crazy OP, and different from how things worked when EXP was a thing.
** Lost Spire Frigates now work like the golems.
** Fallen Spire cities should continue to work like they always have.
** Arks, Golems, Lost Spire Frigates, Battlestations, Command Stations, and "anything else" all now can have their own upgrade costs that are separate from one another.
|May 14, 2020 9:45 pm||Pireciter||New Issue|
|May 14, 2020 9:45 pm||Pireciter||File Added: golem insane.save|
|May 14, 2020 9:45 pm||Pireciter||File Added: golem insane.savemet|
|May 14, 2020 10:02 pm||BadgerBadger||Assigned To||=> x4000Bughunter|
|May 14, 2020 10:02 pm||BadgerBadger||Status||new => assigned|
|May 15, 2020 11:38 am||BadgerBadger||Note Added: 0056990|
|May 19, 2020 12:37 pm||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0057029|
|May 19, 2020 4:07 pm||x4000Bughunter||Status||assigned => resolved|
|May 19, 2020 4:07 pm||x4000Bughunter||Resolution||open => fixed|
|May 19, 2020 4:07 pm||x4000Bughunter||Fixed in Version||=> Beta 2.044 Scientific Equality|
|May 19, 2020 4:07 pm||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0057035|