View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0021003||AI War 2||[All Projects] Bug - Other||Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Mar 9, 2019 3:42 pm|
|Fixed in Version||0.900|
|Summary||0021003: External code mapgen updates|
|Description||Badger poked me about updating my external code bits for mapgen to support larger galaxy sizes.|
I assume that mapConfig.NumberOfPlanets is still the correct value to read from, so I just shoved some *4 on there to see how it behaved, fixing issues, then removing the *4.
Only minor adjustments were needed.
- Turns out linked rings had an issue correctly supporting more than 80 planets and was never noticed. It mistakenly returned early, on a path intended for very tiny galaxies. There was also an issue with the smaller "orbits" getting crushed down tiny, but that was easy to remedy.
- Bubbles required no work.
- Swirl was always over-estimating how big to make things, so that really only needed an early-out once the desired number of planets had been reached (an input of 800 will still result in about 930 out, due to the size of the episoids and how narrowly the "800" number is missed by: One less ring results in 796 planets and the next ring adds 137). I never found a good way to only partially fill the ellipsoids, though, but the result is far better than it used to be (instead of, say, 3000 planets). Larger galaxies look damn beautiful now, too. There was also a math "bug" that resulted in always drawing 9 ellipsoids, so I adjusted that to be more in line with what I'd intended originally.
- Mesh is a crappy algorithm that isn't used with the default config (commented out) and never had a very nice result, so I didn't fix its issues. I was attempting to recreate a system that Space Empires (3? 4?) used for its galaxies, but the results were never that interesting.
- Density map needed no changes.
Providing a config xml with updated descriptions as well.
Any additional updates that are needed I'd be happy to apply as well.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Draco18s||New Issue|
|Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Draco18s||Status||new => assigned|
|Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Draco18s||Assigned To||=> x4000Bughunter|
|Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Draco18s||File Added: MapGenerationDraco.cs|
|Mar 9, 2019 1:19 pm||Draco18s||File Added: Draco_MapTypes.xml|
|Mar 9, 2019 3:42 pm||BadgerBadger||Status||assigned => resolved|
|Mar 9, 2019 3:42 pm||BadgerBadger||Resolution||open => fixed|
|Mar 9, 2019 3:42 pm||BadgerBadger||Fixed in Version||=> 0.900|
|Mar 9, 2019 3:42 pm||BadgerBadger||Note Added: 0050960|