View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0020373||AI War 2||[All Projects] Balance Issue||Sep 27, 2018 12:53 am||Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm|
|Product Version||0.775 Unit Stacking|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0020373: Raid Starship has many hard counters and is lackluster later Marks|
|Description||balance issue with raid starships:|
1) Currently is countered by Sabots (and anything that gets bonus against >=4 mass. Raid starships have 30 mm armor as well so already hard countered by anti-swarmer. Because of its high energy it is also hard countered nucleophilic turrets).
This unit should be less massive (not countered by sabot) because of its paper armor and somewhat modest engines (12gx)
2) wonder if this unit deserves a special unlock mark 4 later. Currently it has most utility early game when I do all my scouting raids (kill tachyon sentinels). Not really a useful unit on heavily fortified planets however. An effect/power/upgrade that makes higher marks better for raiding fortifed planets would be appropriate--maybe advanced cloaking (or even just a huge bonus of cloaking points ) or radar dampening (***maybe even a special thing that lets it pierce through bubble shields??)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Will be thinking about this sometime today. Other things on mind, though. Granted the Raid ship is probably so bad it'd be difficult to make it broken...|
Looked at it and...it isn't countered by Sabots, it's mass 4. Sabots only work on anything above that. Confirmed it in-game as well.
I'll bump the armour up...and the engine. Rest not sure at the moment.
||* Raid (and AI Raid) Starships now do 2000 damage, up from 1000, Armor now 50mm up from 30, engine Gx now 18 up from 12, Metal cost now 70,000 up from 7,000, and now gains 500 Cloaking Points per Mark, up from...none.|
Must have misread Sabots, but it still has more HARD counters compare to other units (forgot concussion turrets last time).
Here's what I'm looking for with these changes--how effective are higher marks at neutralizing nasty picks?
1) Raid starships should be among the best counters to Eyes. I want a strike force to take out guardposts so that eyes don't annihilate me
2) Similarly, Raid starships should be great against things like ion cannons/OMD's. Want to take be able to take these out with my raid starships then bring my fleet to clean up
3) Also along these lines, Raid starships should be my go to for killing Instigators. Those bases are scary and snowball quickly. Player needs to be able to deal with them ASAP and the raid starship should be one of the best tools to deal with this
||New changes, see how they are after a few joyrides.|
||The changes seem to have succeeded.|
|Sep 27, 2018 12:53 am||zeusalmighty||New Issue|
|Sep 27, 2018 6:29 am||RocketAssistedPuffin||Assigned To||=> RocketAssistedPuffin|
|Sep 27, 2018 6:29 am||RocketAssistedPuffin||Status||new => assigned|
|Sep 27, 2018 6:30 am||RocketAssistedPuffin||Note Added: 0049533|
|Sep 27, 2018 2:03 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Note Added: 0049540|
|Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Note Added: 0049541|
|Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Status||assigned => feedback|
|Sep 27, 2018 5:19 pm||zeusalmighty||Note Added: 0049549|
|Sep 27, 2018 5:19 pm||zeusalmighty||Status||feedback => assigned|
|Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Status||assigned => feedback|
|Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Note Added: 0049561|
|Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Status||feedback => resolved|
|Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Resolution||open => fixed|
|Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm||RocketAssistedPuffin||Note Added: 0049948|