View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0019053||AI War 2||[All Projects] GUI||Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm||Apr 3, 2017 10:01 am|
|Product Version||0.113 The One Thanks To Cinth|
|Fixed in Version||0.114 Major GUI And Icons Overhaul|
|Summary||0019053: Unable to play on Linux|
|Description||The game launches from Steam but all I get is a screen showing a white logo, as seen in the screenshot. There are no error/debug logs to be found in the game's directory tree.|
Nvidia 980ti, driver version 375.39
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm
Screenshot at 2017-03-23 22-04-47.png (782,222 bytes)
Hi there! Thanks for the report -- it looks like it is running okay, kinda-sorta, but the GUI buttons are all stacked up on top of each other there in the top left.
The log would be located here: ~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log
Can you post that? I'm not sure if it's doing that with the GUI because it's having some sort of exception thrown that prevents it from being initialized fully, or if it's having some sort of sizing problem because of your screen resolution settings.
What is your screen resolution, perchance? If the log has written properly it will tell me anyway, but just to make sure that it is correct in what it thinks versus what the reality is.
Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm
player_log.zip (27,148 bytes)
||Hi and thanks for the quick response! I just uploaded to log. Had to zip it because it was quite large. My desktop resolution is 2560x1440.|
Okay -- thanks for that!
Here's the "fix" for now:
* Code has been added to the Amplify Bloom scripts to catch errors that it might encounter when trying to create render textures or blit.
** Previously on certain graphics cards+driver combinations (so far just one on linux), we could run into issues with it saying that the render texture was too large to create.
** This seems like some sort of driver error given the caps of the card and what is being requested, but either way we've put in code to prevent that from keeping the entire game from working, as well as to give us better output about what texture size was actually being requested (in case there is something unseen causing that to be unreasonably large).
** This is all third-party code and we may switch over to Unity's own new integrated post-processing stack, but for now this is a good start.
** Thanks to tykinruoka for reporting.
TLDR: This may or may not actually fix the issue with the bloom, but it should let you keep playing either way. If you wouldn't mind uploading a new copy of your fresh logs after starting up the new version, I'd appreciate it -- that would provide some further insight into the underlying issue, versus just skirting around it.
Hi! My Steam has not yet picked up the update, game is still at 0113, but I managed to get the game running and the buttons are now properly placed. It seems that Unity fails to load something when your locale is not set to en_US. If I put the following to game's launch options, I can see the buttons and start the game:
||Oh awesome, thank you! The new build isn't out yet, but I've put in a fix on the next one that should hopefully fix this. If you can take those launch options back out next build and see if I really fixed it for you, I'd appreciate it. I don't want people to have to use that workaround if I can avoid it, but I'm super glad that you did find it! :)|
Apr 1, 2017 3:13 pm
0114_Player.log (38,291 bytes)
||Hi! Good news first, the new release 0114 works now without the extra launch options. Excellent! :) But the issue with bloom is still there. I've uploaded a new fresh Player.log.|
That's awesome news! When it comes to the bloom, it also looks like it's doing what it is "supposed to" as of the prior version -- when not supported, it's just turning off without errors.
Getting support in there properly is preferable, of course, and a freaking 980Ti ought to be able to handle anything this game can dish at it. ;)
But in the short term, this seems like it got the job done, which is a good start at least. I'm going to be moving to a new bloom system _probably_, and so this will hopefully solve itself. I'm going to open another issue just in case, though.
|Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm||tykinruoka||New Issue|
|Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm||tykinruoka||File Added: Screenshot at 2017-03-23 22-04-47.png|
|Mar 23, 2017 4:49 pm||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0046021|
|Mar 23, 2017 4:49 pm||x4000Bughunter||Assigned To||=> x4000Bughunter|
|Mar 23, 2017 4:49 pm||x4000Bughunter||Status||new => feedback|
|Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm||tykinruoka||File Added: player_log.zip|
|Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm||tykinruoka||Note Added: 0046022|
|Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm||tykinruoka||Status||feedback => assigned|
|Mar 24, 2017 11:05 am||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0046023|
|Mar 24, 2017 11:05 am||x4000Bughunter||Status||assigned => resolved|
|Mar 24, 2017 11:05 am||x4000Bughunter||Fixed in Version||=> 0.114 Major GUI And Icons Overhaul|
|Mar 24, 2017 11:05 am||x4000Bughunter||Resolution||open => fixed|
|Mar 24, 2017 6:28 pm||tykinruoka||Note Added: 0046026|
|Mar 27, 2017 12:14 pm||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0046029|
|Apr 1, 2017 3:13 pm||tykinruoka||File Added: 0114_Player.log|
|Apr 1, 2017 3:17 pm||tykinruoka||Note Added: 0046034|
|Apr 3, 2017 10:00 am||x4000Bughunter||Note Added: 0046036|
|Apr 3, 2017 10:01 am||x4000Bughunter||Relationship added||related to 0019058|