View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0023236||AI War 2||[All Projects] Bug - Gameplay||May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||May 30, 2020 2:54 pm|
|Product Version||2.048 Bugfixes|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0023236: Undead AI faction; Overlord is destroyed, but it acts unchanged|
|Description||I killed the first AI Overlord (both phases, obviously) and it continued functioning like normal. It did not stop sending waves, and it's forces did not go hostile to the remaining AI. |
The save 'Einde 2' is right before I killed it. The Overlords second phase moved off-planet (to Trasa) and I killed it there. The summary when pressing Escape does not list this AI as defeated.
1. The other AI can still send waves through the 'killed' ones gates. It sent a wave to the undead AIs former home-planet through one of the undead AIs gates.
2. Approximately 35 in-game minutes after I killed it, the undead AI is still sending waves.
3. In the 'Undefeated AI 2' save, another 30 in-game minutes later, it is sending an Exo-wave (due to Fallen Spire).
4. In 'Relic Train 2' it spawned a Relic Train on Psyche that doesn't move (activate watch all), probably because that AI doesn't have an Overlord any more.
Killing the other AI did properly grant me the campaign victory (victory screen & achievements), but the undead AI is still not listed as defeated in the Escape menu (the other AI is properly listed as defeated and acts as such).
The undead AI continues unhindered:
5. At about 8 minutes after campaign victory, it still spawns waves.
6. At about 9.5 minutes after campaign victory, it spawned a large group of ships on one of its few remaining planets (the one that has the AI Spire Citadel).
7. In the 'Overwinning 4' save, at about 17 minutes after campaign victory, it is still going strong spawning waves.
But wait there is more. I reloaded the 'Einde 2' save and killed the AI again. The second phase moved off-planet (to Trasa) where I killed it. It is not listed as defeated in the Escape menu and the killed AI continues with its business unabated:
8. About 5 minutes after it died it acts the same as before it died; sending a new wave.
9. I don't know how long a wave takes to charge, but about 2.5 minutes after that it shows no signs of stopping with another wave. I didn't let the simulation run any further, because that seemed unnecessary.
And yes, I have save files for all 9 points if you want them.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||GreatYng||New Issue|
|May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||GreatYng||File Added: Einde 2.save|
|May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||GreatYng||File Added: Undefeated AI 2.save|
|May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||GreatYng||File Added: Relic Train 2.save|
|May 30, 2020 2:54 pm||GreatYng||File Added: Overwinning 4.save|